Saturday, February 2, 2008

PXI Signal assignments

I separated the pinout data for the P2 connector on the PXI interface bus. I left the PXI System Slot pinout on its current page address, but I moved the Peripheral Slot pinout onto a new page. The move was made to reduce the page size, so instead of one 30k byte page, I now have two 15k byte pages. Only helps if a person needs one of the other pinout tables, but not both. I updated the PXI P1 pinout table 'page' by adding a new Google search bar. Of course on the main page that provides a description of the PXI bus, I added the new link to P2 Peripheral slot signal assignments.

Along the same lines as some of the previous posts to reduce server bandwidth I up-dated a few other pages. In both cases I deleted some html font tags embedded with in the pin-out tables to reduce the page size. The obsolete IBM Personal Computer bus, Micro Channel Architecture, and the obsolete EISA bus.

Each page received a few hundred page views last month. Reduced now by a few k-bytes, or 500k bytes per month. I'm suppressed those two pages were getting that many hits, but deleting the font tags are transparent ~ you can't tell a change was made.

Oh, PXI means cPCI for Instrumentation.

No comments: