Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Composite Video Connection

I added a new page to cover Composite Video. The video interface was always listed on the Video Buses page, but because there were to many graphics associated with Composite Video I moved the topic to a new page. The link was also added to the Cable Buses page, Interface Buses 'C' and the list of all Interface Buses.

Except for the graphic no new information was added, this is an out of date interface. I still use it to connect to my older VHS tape decks, but I really stopped using the VHS stuff years ago.

I didn't check for any other page to page links pointing to the Composite Video topic, because the links on that page still work, or point to the new page. The attached graphic is one of the Sony Stereo AV receivers I have, I think this one is a 6.1 channel amplifier. I also have another 7.1 Sony receiver which is just about the same.

The receiver has 6 video channels using the Red/White/Yellow Composite video, including; TV/SAT, DVD, Video 1 and Video 2 and a single Yellow composite video connection for a monitor. Three channels of component video are also shown [Green/Blue/Red].

No comments: